Updated: 8/8/2022 | Niyama Sol Review
About Niyama Sol
Niyama Sol is a clothing brand based out of Las Vegas, Nevada. The brand was created by co-owners Allison Hart and Cristina Osorio. They wanted to create a line that could be worn for any occasion. Niyama Sol creates eco-friendly, sustainable clothing made from recycled materials (RPET).
Their designs invoke the wanderlust and bohemian queens and princesses in all of us.
Niyama Sol Review: The Traveler Endless Leggings
I ordered the Amethyst Endless leggings in a size Medium and Traveler Endless leggings in a size small. They arrived within 4 days of ordering. The leggings were wrapped in plastic and folded into a paper envelope. I also received a “Don’t Hate Meditate” sticker with my order that I’m 100% obsessed with.
To date, JLo owns a majority of the company and has relaunched Niyama Sol with her own collection of leggings. If you follow JLo’s Instagram, you’ll see her wearing many designs including her own collaboration prints with the brand.
I tried on both leggings and immediately noticed the hidden messages on my leggings. The Traveler leggings had the words “endure” and “persevere” and the Amethyst Agate leggings had Prince lyrics, “I only wanted to see you laughing in the purple rain.” I thought that was a clever and sneaky surprise! It will be a great reminder in my yoga classes to sing whenever possible.
#1 Size: Per their size chart, it appeared that I could fit both the small and medium. I ordered both a size medium and small to test them out. I am a size 6 in lululemon for size reference.
Niyama Sol runs TRUE TO SIZE. If you are between sizes, I recommend going with the smaller size because the fabric is forgiving and will stretch over time. If you are in-between sizes and want a more relaxed fit, go ahead and size up.
In the past, Niyama Sol leggings were fitted around the waist but tight around the legs. It appears that their seams are more forgiving now, compared to in the past. If you find an older iteration of their leggings, make sure you size up for a better fit.
As for Niyama Sol bras, we recommend going with your true size. Their bras are very stretchy and come with cups. Their bras also run in-between sizes. For reference, I wear a size 8 in lululemon bras and size S/M bras in Niyama Sol. I typically wear a medium in most activewear brands.
Niyama Sol Bottoms Size Chart
|Waist||25″ – 28″||27″ – 30″||29″ – 32″||31″ – 34″||33″ – 36|
|Endless Leggings Inseam||28.5″||29″||29.5″||30″||30″|
|Barefoot Leggings Inseam||23.5″||24″||24.5″||25″||25″|
|Beachcomber Crop Inseam||18.5″||19.5″||20″||20.5″||20.5″|
|Flirt Short Inseam||2″||2″||2″||2″||2″|
Niyama Sol Top/Sports Bra Size Chart
|Cup||32A-B-C | 34A-B||36B | 34C | 32D||38B | 36C | 34D|
|Bust||26″ – 27.5″||28″ – 29.5″||30″ – 31.5″|
|Underbust||23.5″ – 24.5″||25″ – 26″||26.5″ – 27.5″|
#2 Style: Niyama Sol offers bottoms in varying lengths including: Endless leggings (long length), barefoot (ankle length), beachcomber crop (short waist band), regular crop/capri (tall waistband) and shorts. They also offer bras, tops and tee, shorts for men, yoga mats and jewelry.
#3 Inseam: 30″ for both the size small and medium.
#4 Rise: Endless leggings are high rise (8.5″) and sit just below the navel.
#5 Waistband: Endless leggings are constructed with a tall waistband measuring 4.75″. I did experience some waistband slippage while wearing both the small and medium. The waistband can be worn high or low (folded over).
- Fabric Content: Niyama Leggings are made from a fabric composed of RPET (recycled plastic) and Spandex blend (84% RPET (Recycled Polyethylene Terephthalate) and 16% Spandex). These pants are literally used water bottles transformed into something beautiful!
- Fabric Feel: The fabric has 4-way stretch and feels like a second skin when worn. The fabric feels slightly brushed. Niyama Sol and Wolven have the same fabric feel. Read my Wolven review here.
- Fabric Performance:
- The fabric has 4-way stretch and fits like a second skin by contouring against the shape of the body.
- Because the fabric is thin, it is quick-drying and wicks sweat to the surface of the pant.
- The fabric has anti-microbial properties so they don’t stink!
- The colors stay vibrant. I did notice some wear on the fabric over time, especially if worn over the heel for prolonged periods of time.
- I did experience slippage. During a sweaty practice, the slippage went away. I still wear them to regular yoga and casually around town.
- Opacity: I found the leggings to be thin yet 100% opaque. I usually wear nude underneath all my patterned leggings. Even though the fabric is white-backed, the colors remained vibrant during wear and look amazing in photographs and in person.
- Fabric Features:
- Many of their prints are one and done. There are some prints that are so popular that they continue to be in production today (such as The Traveler leggings).
- I also love their purposefully placed asymmetrical designs, which means I don’t have to worry about lines lining up!
- They have hidden motivational messages printed throughout the pant print.
- No pant pockets.
- No visible exterior logos.
#7 When to Wear: Niyama Sol is great for yoga and casual wear. Because they are quick-drying, you can also wear them swimming and for water sports.
#8 Cost: Endless leggings are $88 on the Niyama Sol website. Shop through my link and receive a Niyama Sol coupon code for 20% off. Leggings range from $82-$150. I have also included some coupon codes for you below!
#9 Gusset: Leggings come with a diamond-shaped, double-layered gusset.
#10 Stitch Seam: Flat-fell seams are used throughout the leggings (waistband and inseam). Plain seam are used to connect the waistband in the back of the waistband.
#11 UPF Protection: Not mentioned.
#12 Made in China. Designed in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Should I Buy Niyama Sol?
I highly recommend Niyama Sol leggings!
Why? Because firstly they’re sustainable and eco-friendly. I love when brands code responsible manufacturing of their products. I’m all about supporting companies who take care of our Mother Earth.
Second, their designs are beautiful and magical. I am a huge fan of the hidden messages on each pair of leggings. They’re the most photogenic leggings that I own. You’ll definitely get compliments when wearing Niyama Sol.
The leggings run true to size and are so comfortable! I can see myself wearing these gals to yoga and beyond.
Where to Buy Niyama Sol leggings?
- Use this link to get $25 off your first $125+ order at Niyama Sol.
- Use code SCHIMIGGY for 10% off your orders anytime (no limit).
- Use code SOLSCHIMIGGY for 10% off your first Niyama Sol Box monthly subscription.
The best deal on Niyama Sol is through their Sol Box program. It's a monthly subscription service that offers a pair of Niyama Sol leggings or an outfit for half the price! Boxes begin at $45 and can cost upwards of $95 for an entire outfit. Use coupon code SOLSCHIMIGGY for 10% off your first box. I reviewed a Sol Box here. Check out what I received! You can find them for as low as $58-$72 through these other retailers:
- eBay - Find some great deals on used and new Niyama Sol leggings!
- Evolve Fitwear - Use code SCHIMIGGY for 10% off!
- REI - Find some awesome deals on Niyama Sol at REI.
- Simply Workout - Use code SCHIMIGGY for 20% off!
- The Sweat Store - Use code ALEXANDRA15 for 15% off your orders.
- Max and Me Sport
- Yoga Club
I am also selling my personal collection of Niyama Sol leggings on my online store. Check out what's in stock. Happy shopping!
If you enjoyed this article, you may like these too:
- Niyama Sol Review: Mayan Beachcomber Crop Leggings
- Niyama Sol – Sol Box Review and Reveal
- Niyama Sol Review: Twilight Barefoot Leggings
- YogaClub Review: Guru Box Reveal and Review
- 10+ Activewear Legging Brands that Don’t Pill
Sign up for our monthly newsletter for updates and more. We promise we won't spam you! Feel free to unsubscribe anytime.
If you're a brand and want to work with us, please visit this page to get in touch.