Updated: 9/9/2022 | Farm Rio Review
About Farm Rio
Farm Rio is a men’s and women’s apparel company that focuses on fun and bright fashion while being mindful of the environment.
Farm Rio Review
I have since then tried the following items in Farm Rio:
- Fresh Lemons Midi Dress with Ruffles ($240) – This dress ran super small! I would say that the size small would fit a women’s size 4 but definitely no bigger than that.
- Cocoa Forest Utilitary Mini Dress ($220) – I purchased this from Saks Fifth Avenue for only $40 with my American Express Platinum benefit! I got a medium and it fit perfectly! I can also wear it without the belt and leave it open at the front like a kimono or swimsuit cover-up. This is probably my most versatile purchase from Farm Rio yet!
- Ripe Bananas Paperbag Midi Skirt ($185) – I LOVE this skirt! The banana print is super cute and it comes with pockets. The material is a little heavy, but it’s an eye-catching skirt that pairs great with a crop top. I purchased a medium but could have totally gone with a size small because of the adjustable paper bag waist design.
- Toucan’s Mini Skirt ($100)- This cute toucan skirt with tropical green leaves is a must in any closet. It goes with so many of my tops. I wear shorts underneath because it can appear really short with heels or wedges.
- Mix Unisex Blouse ($100) – This is a unisex top and it ran large. I went with a size small which is equivalent to a small in men’s sizing.
- Orange Gingham Tie Front Blouse ($100) – I thrifted this top and it fits true to size. It’s super cute for summer too!
Farm Rio Pros
- Truly Sustainable – Farm Rio is a 100% carbon neutral company with operations in Brazil. All their materials are sustainably procured and manufactured. And for every item sold, Farm Rio plants a tree. To date they have planted over 500,000 trees in their reforestation efforts. Read more about their sustainability efforts here.
- Fun and unique prints and patterns. Their patterns are so much fun! Each one is unique and brightly colored for any destination you decide to wear them to.
Farm Rio Cons
- Runs small. We recommend sizing up one or even two sizes in Farm Rio apparel. I tried a size small dress and it fit more like a size 4.
- Their fabric does not stretch. Farm Rio’s material has very little to no stretch. You will definitely want to size up when shopping with them.
- Expensive – Farm Rio is not the most affordable brand. They do have good resell values if you decide to sell your used Farm Rio on the secondary marketplace.
- No wishlist feature. I LOVE a lot of their pieces and wish they offered a wishlist feature on their blog so I could save my favorites to buy later.
Where to Buy Farm Rio?
You may also be able to find great deals on Farm Rio at the following retailers:
If you found our Farm Rio review helpful, please share it on Pinterest. Thanks for your support!
Sign-up for our monthly newsletter for updates and more. We promise we won't spam you! Feel free to unsubscribe anytime.
If you're a brand and want to submit a product for us to review, please use this form to get in touch.