Updated: 3/1/2022 | lululemon Down for It All Jacket Review
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by lululemon. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own and 100% honest.
lululemon is a women’s, men’s, and teens’ activewear brand. They are based in Canada and offer their own proprietary fabrics and designs worldwide.
Down for It All Jacket Review
My partner and I received the Down for It All (DFIA) jackets ($198) to review in this post. This is one of lululemon’s most popular jackets. The style is offered for both men and women.
I purchased a jacket for my partner and me. We needed puffer jackets that were lightweight and would keep us warm during winter and while traveling.
View this post on Instagram
- Lightweight – The jacket weighs less than two pounds. I wear a size 8.
- Made from water resistant Glyde™ Fabric. The fabric allows water droplets to slide off easily. We wear our jacket in rainy Seattle and it works great as a rain jacket.
- Comes in many colors. The DFIA jacket comes in many colors to choose from.
- Removable hood – We love that you can remove the hood. This makes it look more casual.
- Windproof – The jacket is windproof to keep you warm.
- Has thumbholes to keep your sleeves in place while you move.
- Zippered pockets – This allows you to keep your belongings safely tucked into your jacket. There is also a hidden phone sleeve in the right hip pocket.
- Reflective Details – Gets you noticed when out and active at night.
- Free shipping! Get free shipping on all your lululemon orders.
- Limited manufacturer warranty – This isn’t explicitly stated, but lululemon strives to resolve all issues with their products. Simply speak with GEC or in-store with an educator to get a replacement product or to try something that will work better for your needs.
Related: lululemon Returns and Warranty Guide
- Runs small – I highly recommend sizing up in the DFIA jacket and vests. I typically wear a size 6 in lululemon tops, but had to size up to a size 8 in the DFIA jacket.
- Expensive – The jacket will cost you $198. It’s more expensive when compared with other popular activewear brands.
- Pills and snags – The neoprene panel is constantly snagging and pilling. It is also not water proof nor resistant so long rain exposure in that area will make your armpits and ribs wet.
- Not vegan – A blend of 700-fill-power goose down and Primaloft is used to insulate the jacket.
- Not packable – The jacket does not pack into itself. It would be an amazing feature if it did! There were times when I folded the jacket into the hoodie to pack in my handbag, but it still look up a lot of room.
Here are photos of the men’s version of the Down for it All Jacket.
Should I Buy the Down for It All Jacket?
I think you should definitely go for it if you’re looking for something that is not too heavy-duty. It’s a great casual jacket and is very lightweight but I would not do anything strenuous in it. Parts of the jacket have very delicate fabric panels that can snag and pill.
If you’re looking for something more durable by lululemon, I highly recommend their Another Mile Jacket.
Related: lululemon Another Mile Jacket Review
Where to Buy lululemon
The best way to buy lululemon is online or in one of their physical stores. Search for the store nearest you using lululemon's store locator.
Buying directly from lululemon will ensure that your items are 100% authentic.
Do you like to save money? Here are some ways you can save money on lululemon products:
- If you're an fitness instructor and currently teaching, you may qualify for their Sweat Collective program to receive 25% off all merchandise (including sale). Read about their other discount programs here.
- Shop their We Made Too Much (WMTM) section for 10-50% off lululemon merchandise. All WMTM items are final sale.
- Shop at lululemon Outlets for great deals! Search for outlet store locations on lululemon's store locator.
- Buy lululemon gift cards on Raise or Cardpool. People are always trying to offload their lululemon gift cards. The savings range from 2-10%, but it's better than no discount at all.
You can also buy lululemon for less through third-party reselling websites and marketplaces such as:
- Mercari - Use this link for $10 off your first order. Download the App here.
- Poshmark - Use code SCHIMIGGY for $10 off your first order. Enter the code when you create your profile.
- Tradesy - Use this link to get $20 off your first purchase of $50 or more.
- Vinted - Use this link to get $ off your first purchase.
Want to know more about lululemon?
We have an entire resource page dedicated to everything lululemon related. Please check it out!
If there are any other topics you’d like us to shed some light on, please let us know!
If you found our lululemon Down for It All Jacket review helpful, please share it on Pinterest. Thanks for your support!
Thank you for visiting today! If you found this encouraging or informative, please connect with us on Instagram, Youtube, Pinterest, Facebook or Twitter. We'd love to meet you!
Sign-up for our monthly newsletter for updates and more. We promise we won't spam you! Feel free to unsubscribe anytime.
For more fitness fashion discounts and offers, please visit our Fitness Instructor Discounts + Brands Directory or favorite brands coupon codes list.
If you're a brand and want to submit a product for us to review, please use this form to get in touch.