Updated: 1/30/2022 | Brevitē Review
Disclaimer: I received a Jumper backpack from Brevitē to review. As always, all thoughts and opinions are mine and 100% honest.
Brevitē (pronounced like brevity) is an accessory company with a focus on accessible camera backpacks.
The first Brevitē backpack was born when Brandon (an industrial designer) bought a sewing machine to sew the first Brevite prototype.
He recruited his younger twin brothers, Dylan (the marketing twin) and Elliot (the finance twin), to launch the original hybrid camera backpack.
Five years (and hundreds of prototypes) later, Brevitē is now run in Brooklyn, New York with the goal of offering fun and innovative backpacks that support you every day.
Brevitē Review: Jumper Camera Backpack
I decided to go with the Jumper style because I am not too fond of bag flaps. Personally, it feels like unnecessary extra fabric and would also take extra effort to access my equipment.
Here are some quick details about the Jumper camera backpack.
The backpack holds 18L and dimensions are: 17″ x 11″ x 5.5″.
The backpack is made from 600D Polyester, a very durable material with a brushed feel and is water resistant.
See all my camera equipment as well as some examples of my photography in my “What’s in My Camera Bag?” post.
- Customizable photo compartment. The main compartment for your camera equipment comes with dividers that can be rearranged and attached with velcro. It fits my camera plus 4 lenses or 3 lenses and my DJI drone.
- Quick side access to the photo compartment so that you can easily remove your camera without opening the entire compartment.
- Extra compartment on top for all your other needs. I typically include a change of clothes or my daily necessities in here (ie. charger, wallet, sunglasses, and keys).
- Back hidden pocket for a cell phone, passport, or any other important documents.
- Side pocket for a water bottle.
- Straps on the bottom to hold your tripod or yoga mat.
- Comes in many colors. The Jumper backpack comes in many colorways. There’s a color for everyone. If you want something that is hard to stain, go with a darker color.
- Very lightweight – the backpack itself weighs only
- Comes with a laptop compartment and can fit up to a 16″ laptop.
- Luggage passthrough strap included in the back for easy transporting. You can slide the backpack onto your luggage handle and keep going.
- Lifetime warranty. All their products come with a lifetime warranty.
- Water resistant fabric – The fabric is great at repelling light water, but do not submerge the bag as it will definitely soak through. I highly recommend having a rain cover handy just in case it pours at your destination.
- Easy to wash. I just remove my dividers and machine wash on cold water and then air dry. It typically dries within a day.
- Free shipping and returns to the lower 48 states. Customer satisfaction is guaranteed!
- 30-day return policy. Don’t like your backpack? You have 30 days to send it back.
- Sustainable efforts. By the end of 2021, Brevitē committed to incorporating recycled materials in all their products.
- Colors sell out constantly. If you want a bag, make sure you buy it ASAP. The colors typically restock in 30 days.
- Dividers in the camera bag are pretty flimsy. The velcro on the dividers is constantly detaching. I resolved this by only placing my lighter weighted lens on the top compartments, but they still detach.
- The top backpack handle is super long. Not sure why they decided to make the handle so long but when I strap my carabiner and water bottle to it, the water bottle ends up swinging everywhere.
- Lighter fabric colors stain easily. I have the bag in Boulder Tan and it’s always getting stained. I typically wash my bag every three months. I also have a large Heroclip attached to my Brevitē bag so that I can hang it up while taking photos instead of leaving it on the ground. The Heroclip hooks onto tree branches when I am outdoors.
- The backpack does not hold much. You will not be able to use this backpack as a weekend bag. The top compartment can hold a pair of shoes and one outfit.
Should I Buy Brevitē
I love my Brevitē backpack. I do wish I bought it in a darker color so that it would not stain easily.
The camera compartment is good enough for the average photographer. You may want something more durable such as Peak or if you’re looking for something to protect your expensive equipment.
Brevitē is great for casual photographers but definitely not enough for professionals.
Where to Buy Brevitē
You can buy Brevite direct from their website.
Use this link to save $20 off your first order at Brevitē.
If you found our Brevitē review helpful, please share it on Pinterest. Thanks for your support!
Sign-up for our monthly newsletter for updates and more. We promise we won't spam you! Feel free to unsubscribe anytime.
If you're a brand and want to submit a product for us to review, please use this form to get in touch.