Updated: 10/30/2019 | Jaybird Vista Review: True Wireless Sport Headphones
Jaybird released their AirPods contender in July 2019. They released their Run headphones back in October 2017. That model, updated to the Run XT earlier this year, was well designed but had some small performance issues that held it back from being great. But its successor, the Jaybird Vista, includes design and performance improvements that make it the product I’d hoped the Run would be.
Jaybird Vista Review
I received the Jaybird Vista in Mineral Blue. The color is so beautiful and the headphones were some of the most compact and lightweight I’ve ever experienced.
Connecting the Jaybird Vista headphones to my phone and laptop was a breeze. I held the case button until the LED light started flashing and my devices detected the bud immediately. It was also very easy to swap between devices on different operating systems.
During setup, I downloaded the app and was able to rename by bud from “Jaybird Vista” to “Schimiggy Buds.”
I was also able to adjust the equalizer in the app. They have sound presets but you can also personalize your own equalizer preferences.
What I was most excited about (aside from the sound quality) was the USB C charger. I use my Jaybird Tarah headphones prior and it came with a proprietary charger that I would misplace and be without music for a few days. Now I can use any USB C cord to stay charged.
What’s in the Box?
- Jaybird Vista headphones
- Charging case
- USB C charging cable
- Three different sized silicone ear gels
Below are specs for the Jaybird Vista.
|Bluetooth Details||Bluetooth Version 5
Bluetooth Profiles Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP), Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP), Hands-Free Profile (HFP), Headset Profile (HSP), Serial Port Profile (SPP)
|Dimensions||0.9″ W x 0.7″ D x 0.9″ H|
|Weight||0.21 oz – Lightest Jaybird headphone model yet!|
|Remote Controls||Answer/End, Next/Previous Track, On/Off, Play/Pause, Volume up and down|
Power and Battery
|Battery Life||6 hour(s) of runtime. 5 minutes of case charging generates 1 hour of battery life. It takes 2 hours to fully recharge in the case. The case provides an additional 10 hours of charging time.|
|Rechargeable?||Yes, comes with a charging case that is connected via USB C|
|Battery Type||lithium ion|
- The headphones fit securely and were mostly comfortable to wear. Three different-sized ear tips and sports fins are included to help you get a tight seal and secure fit. I have tiny ears so they still feel like they stretch my ears out a bit.
- The ability to connect via Bluetooth is instantaneous and secure.
- The charging case is compact and fits in a pocket without a problem. It also comes with a strap so that you can hang it from your bag or backpack.
- They’re very lightweight! I forgot where my case was and found it in my front pocket. Doh!
- They are super durable. They’re fully waterproof with IPX7 certification and can be fully submerged in shallow water for up to 30 minutes). They’ve sustained plenty of drops and still work fine.
- The sound is great! It’s not the best but for a compact wireless headphone, it does the job well.
- Battery life has improved. It’s now up to 6 hours at moderate volume levels, with an additional 10 hours from the charging case.
- The charging case charges with a USB C cord and a 5-minute charge generates an hour of playback time.
- You can take calls in stereo or use each earbud independently, which doubles the playback time.
- The earphones have physical control buttons that can be programmed in the Jaybird App.
- Certified IPX7 water resistance and sweatproof. I take my headphones out in the rain without worry.
- No ambient sound features.
- The buttons are a bit hard to press and uncomfortable when doing so (due to having to press the earphones inward to change settings). Installing a touch control or voice activation feature would improve the Jaybird Vista immensely. For example, AirPods use touch control and some wireless earphones employ soft-touch buttons.
Should I buy Jaybird Vista?
The biggest complaint I have are that the touch buttons are really uncomfortable. I hope their next iteration will include voice or touch control. For now, I just use my phone to control settings.
At $179 USD the Jaybird Vista is a little more expensive than I prefer. At that pricepoint, it should come without any problems for great user experience.
Nonetheless, the Jaybird Vista will is still the perfect companion to those looking for a discreet set of true wireless sports headphones that offers full waterproofing. The long lasting battery life and USB C charging capability allow them to charge with my other devices and perfect for long-distance travel too.
Compared to the Apple AirBuds earbuds ($249), the Jaybird Vista is a steal and perfect for people who love being outdoors and listening to music.
Where to Buy Jaybird Vista
The Jaybird Vista earbuds are $179 USD at the Jaybird online store and other online retailers. They’re currently available in Black, Mineral Blue and Nimbus Gray.
We received these products to test out on Schimiggy Reviews. As always, all thoughts and opinions are 100% honest and our own.
Thank you for visiting today! If you found this encouraging or informative, please connect with us on Instagram, Youtube, Pinterest, Facebook or Twitter. We'd love to meet you!
Sign-up for our monthly newsletter for updates and more. We promise we won't spam you! Feel free to unsubscribe anytime.
For more fitness fashion discounts and offers, please visit our Fitness Instructor Discounts + Brands Directory or favorite brands coupon codes list.
If you're a brand and want to submit a product for us to review, please use this form to get in touch.
Thursday 17th of February 2022
I have been following your blog since last year and I have learned a lot from the valuable content you share on your blog. I would like to assist you in putting a piece of content on your blog that your audience will love.
I have a few potential topic ideas in your niche. I would be happy to write in-depth.
Thank you for your time.