Updated: 10/31/2023 | Wildwood Oyster Co Review
Disclaimer: I received a crossbody bag from Wildwood Oyster Co to conduct this review. As always, all thoughts and opinions are mine and 100% honest.
About Wildwood Oyster Co
Wildwood Oyster Co (abbreviated as WOC) is an accessory brand that was founded by Becky McKinnell.
All Wildwood Oyster Co. handbags and accessories are inspired by the ocean landscape and made locally in the state of Maine. Each bag is hand-sewn one at a time and made unique to you.
Leathers used in their products are responsibly sourced Kodiak leather (which has a buttery feel and rich leather smell). This material only gets better with age.
Straps are made with dock line rope in beautiful and vibrant colors and secured with industrial brass for a pop of sunshine.
We were able to work with and review Wildwood Oyster Co on our blog. Below we’ll share how we style our bag and the pros and cons of WOC.
Wildwood Oyster Co Review
We received the brown basketweave leather crossbody tote ($338) to review in this post. It comes with a contrasting bright teal crossbody strap. The color combo is perfect and compliments many of my outfits.
The size was perfect for wearing casually throughout the day. We love crossbody bags because they are easy to wear and allow us to hold all our essentials yet be hands-free.
View this post on Instagram
Wildwood Oyster Co Pros
- Customizable Strap – The standard strap has an 18″ drop, but you can customize your strap to be longer or shorter in the product listing.
- Comes in many colorways and combinations. The
- Sustainably Made – The Kodiak leather is sustainably sourced. Products are handmade in small batches to prevent waste.
- Spacious – My small crossbody bag is surprisingly very spacious! I love the smaller outer pocket which is great for stowing my phone or card wallet for easy access.
- Comfortable – The strap is extremely comfortable. I can wear this bag all day!
- Woman-Owned Business – WOC is woman-owned and operated!
- Sustainable Packaging – My handbag came in a large cardboard box with minimal packaging. The bag also came in a reusable cotton storage bag.
Wildwood Oyster Co Cons
- Heavy – The bag is heavier due to the materials used to construct the bag. Brass is not light.
- Expensive – The bags will run you $300+. The price point is however on par with many other leather accessory brands.
Where to Buy Wildwood Oyster Co
If you found our Wildwood Oyster Co review helpful, please share it. Thanks for your support!
Sign up for our monthly newsletter for updates and more. We promise we won't spam you! Feel free to unsubscribe anytime. If you're a brand and want to work with us, please visit this page to get in touch.
Sign up for our monthly newsletter for updates and more. We promise we won't spam you! Feel free to unsubscribe anytime.
If you're a brand and want to work with us, please visit this page to get in touch.