Updated: 1/4/2022 | Best Guacamole Recipe
When I was in college and before the days of the internet, I would follow random people at ethnic grocery stores and ask them how to make certain dishes. Many were excited to share their recipes with me and I was stoked to try out some of my favorite dishes from my own kitchen!
Here is one recipe I learned from grocery store stalking. It’s a staple in my home and I probably make and eat it at least once a week.
I’ve been making guacamole for years because it’s super easy and delicious! It’s a healthy snack and goes with everything (or at least I want it to). I add it to my tacos and burritos for a creamy consistency that’s like butter!
I recently made some guacamole for our day trip to Whidbey Island. My friends tasted it and they were hooked. They asked me for my recipe so I decided to post it on the blog!
Please enjoy this recipe! If you have any twists or takes on your guacamole recipes I’d love to try them!
- 3 avocados
- 1 stem of Green Onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons of fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 Roma Tomato (diced)
- 1/3 Red Onion (chopped)
- 1/2 Jalapeño (chopped)
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cumin
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Slice avocados in half and take out the pit with a knife or spoon.
- Spoon out the avocado flesh into a small mixing bowl or large pestle and mortar.
- Add the cilantro, red onions, lemon juice, cumin, and jalapeño into the bowl.
- Mix the blend up with a spoon or fork.
- Add the green onion and roma tomatoes into the bowl and mix with a fork.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and mix one more time.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- Green onions are also known as scallions!
- 100% of my Imperfect Produce boxes have offered avocados, onions, tomatoes and lemons. When I made this realization, I was stoked to have guacamole every week! Use this link for $10 off your first box.
- You can leave the jalapeño out if you do not want your guacamole to be spicy.
- To remove the pit with a knife, stab the long side of the knife into the pit and twist it out from the avocado flesh.
- Enjoy the guacamole with chips or add it to your tacos or burritos.
If you liked this post, you may like these posts too:
- Imperfect Produce Review + $10 Off Coupon Code
- 5+ Simple Imperfect Produce Recipes
- Is It Actually Cheaper to Buy Imperfect Produce?
Sign up for our monthly newsletter for updates and more. We promise we won't spam you! Feel free to unsubscribe anytime. If you're a brand and want to work with us, please visit this page to get in touch.
Sign up for our monthly newsletter for updates and more. We promise we won't spam you! Feel free to unsubscribe anytime.
If you're a brand and want to work with us, please visit this page to get in touch.