Updated: 10/14/2021 | Hylete Review
Disclaimer: I partnered with Hylete to conduct this review. All thoughts and opinions are my own and 100% honest.
Hylete is a men and women’s activewear brand whose claim to fame were their high-quality training shorts for CrossFit. Since the release of their training shorts, the SoCal brand has expanded its training collection, updating on its original designs and offering new styles of training gear and more recently, including training shoes.
Hylete offers quite a few products for men and women ranging from shirts, tanks, leggings, shorts, sports bras, hoodies, shoes and socks, bags, hats, and much more.
In this post, we will be featuring products we received from their women’s line.
I received the following items from Hylete to review:
- Women’s Circuit II Cross-Training Shoe ($130) – The shoes come with three interchangeable insoles for training, lifting, and running. The shoes also have a very stable Vibram sole and can be purchased in three different colorways. They also make a version for men.
- Iris Short ($58)
- Valena Crew ($54)
- Luna Sports Bra ($54)
- Luna Tight ($88)
- Altium II Sports Bra ($52)
- Midweight Low-Cut Sock ($12)
I received the items fairly quickly and everything was packaged in plastic bags. What I noticed immediately was how lightweight everything was. The material was also super soft and I could tell the quality was amazing.
- Lightweight – Their products are SUPER lightweight.
- Runs true to size (TTS). All their products run true to size. I recommend sizing up if you’re in between sizes. I am a size 6 in lululemon bottoms and recommend going with a size small in Hylete bottoms. I am a size 8 in lululemon bras and recommend a size medium in their sports bras.
- Compression – The leggings are very compressive. I would size down for a more compressive fit.
- High-quality fabrics – Hylete uses high-quality materials that are very comparable to Athleta, lululemon and LNDR.
- Range of Motion – The pieces offered a great range of motion. None of the apparel was constricting and performed better than I anticipated.
- Dry wicking and quick drying. I sweat a lot during workouts and was able to remain relatively dry in my Hylete gear. Their materials are very breathable and even have anti-microbial properties so that you don’t stink.
- Apparel Finding Tool – Hylete offers a leggings and shorts finder to help you find the best styles for your activities. When I took the test, it recommended the Luna and Nimbus tights for my lifestyle and fit preference. Take the test here to see what styles they recommend for you. It was a pretty fun way to get to better understand why Hylete creates certain products and styles.
- Awesome reward program. Their rewards program allows you to earn points towards future purchases. Every 20 points is equal to $1 off your future orders. Sign-up for their rewards program here.
- Free product promos – Hylete offers free products with minimum purchase. As of this review, I saw they were offering free socks with a minimum of $125 purchase.
- Special discounts are offered for military, first responders, fitness trainers/instructors, and teachers/students. Sign-up here if you qualify.
- Free shipping and returns on all orders. Returns and exchanges are very simple and can be initiated on their returns and exchanges page.
- 100% customer satisfaction guarantee. If you don’t like what you buy, you can easily return or exchange your Hylete purchase.
- Limited styles and colors. While their products are made to match, they do not offer a huge range of styles or colors to choose from. Their color palette and styles are pretty safe and timeless. This is great for people looking for high-quality activewear without being overwhelmed with choices.
- High price point. Their pricing is on par with lululemon and Athleta, making Hylete priced similar to a luxury activewear brand. For example, their Iris shorts are $58 and lululemon’s Speed Up shorts ($58).
Should I Buy Hylete?
I REALLY love Hylete. I am not a CrossFitter but I love their products for weight training and yoga. I love their timeless styles and how comfortable their fabrics and cuts are.
Not only is the price point is on par with lululemon and Athleta, but the quality is too. I only wish they offered brighter colors (ie. neons and pastels) and more patterns in their styles. I really appreciate that they keep their styles intentional and timeless so that buyers are not overwhelmed with choices.
Where to Buy Hylete
If you found our Hylete review helpful, please share it on Pinterest. Thanks for your support!
Sign-up for our monthly newsletter for updates and more. We promise we won't spam you! Feel free to unsubscribe anytime.
If you're a brand and want to submit a product for us to review, please use this form to get in touch.