Updated: 7/28/2022 | Costco Rotisserie Chicken Pozole Recipe [Green]
We love making use of all the parts of a Costco Rotisserie Chicken. It’s truly a dish that keeps on giving.
Here is our rendition of the beloved Mexican dish–Pozole soup. Our version is very similar to Pozole Verde (Green), is super easy to make, and VERY tasty!
Pozole may also be written as posole and there is also a red version made with pork or chicken.
Without much ado, here is one of our favorite Costco recipes for you to try!
Costco Rotisserie Chicken Pozole Recipe
- 2 whole Costco Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 Red or Yellow onion
- 18 Cups of Water
- 2-3 cups Hominy Kernels
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Chicken Broth Recipe
- Shred the chicken meat from the rotisserie chickens. Keep the carcass, skin, and chicken jelly for the broth.
- Put the carcass in a large pot and fill the pot with water so that it covers the chicken.
- Cut the ends of the onions and remove the first two layers. Add the onion to the pot.
- Bring the pot with the chicken carcass to boil on the stove. Reduce to low-medium heat and cook for an additional 40 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Strain the bones and place the broth back into the pot and back onto the stove. Put on low heat.
- Add strained hominy separately and let it cook on low heat while you prepare the garnishes.
Prepare the Garnishes
- Dice the Avocado and White Onion
- Chop the Cilantro
- Slice the Cabbage
Assemble the Bowls
- Add 3/4 cup of shredded chicken into a bowl and ladel some broth into the bowl.
- Top your soup with garnishes to your liking.
- Enjoy your bowl of Costco pozole soup!
- I typically use 2 whole rotisserie chickens, but you can use 1 (one) chicken and cut the recipe ingredients in half.
- You can use napa or purple cabbage in place of regular cabbage.
- You can add hot sauce to make the soup spicy. We love using Tabasco or Tapatio hot sauce.
Sign up for our monthly newsletter for updates and more. We promise we won't spam you! Feel free to unsubscribe anytime. If you're a brand and want to work with us, please visit this page to get in touch.
Sign up for our monthly newsletter for updates and more. We promise we won't spam you! Feel free to unsubscribe anytime.
If you're a brand and want to work with us, please visit this page to get in touch.