This post is sponsored by U by Kotex® but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
I was invited to be part of the U by Kotex® & Walmart Alliance for Period Supplies in October! For every U by Kotex® sold, two products were donated to the U by Kotex® & Walmart Alliance for Period Supplies campaign. The campaign was successful and Walmart donated $25K to Alliance for Period Supplies to succeed in their mission to END PERIOD POVERTY!
What is Period Poverty?
1 in 4 women have struggled to purchase period supplies products in the past year due to lack of income. U by Kotex® is proud to be the founding sponsor of The Alliance for Period Supplies. This new national organization (founded in May 2018) helps ensure that individuals in need have access to essential period products required to participate fully in daily life.
In October, here is what hoped to accomplish from the campaign:
- Raise awareness of the millions of women living in poverty who miss out on daily life because they lack access to period supplies.
- Support the nationwide development and expansion of community-based period supply initiatives capable of providing a reliable supply of period products to individuals in need
- Distribute period supplies and funding to community partners/community-based period supply initiatives.
- Advocate for legislative changes to make period supplies more accessible and affordable regardless of income.
- Donate 5 million products to women in need.
What Else Can You Do?
Thank you for participating and supporting agencies that are present to help women thrive and live their best lives. The U by Kotex® & Walmart campaign isn’t over! You can still support women when you buy period supplies for yourself. Please keep the cause going! Women supporting women should last our entire lives.
Sign up for our monthly newsletter for updates and more. We promise we won't spam you! Feel free to unsubscribe anytime. If you're a brand and want to work with us, please visit this page to get in touch.
Sign up for our monthly newsletter for updates and more. We promise we won't spam you! Feel free to unsubscribe anytime.
If you're a brand and want to work with us, please visit this page to get in touch.