Updated: 9/6/2022 | Silk & Salt Review
Disclaimer: I received products from Silk & Salt to review in this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own and 100% honest.
About Silk & Salt
Silk and Salt is an online women’s apparel boutique. All their apparel is made sustainably with the aim of becoming timeless and classic pieces to add to your wardrobe.
Their aesthetic is bohemian fashion and reminds me a lot of Anthropologie‘s styles without the high price points.
Silk & Salt Review
Silk & Salt approached me to review their products. I was able to select the following items to try:
- Cancun Maxi Dress in Green ($72)
- Go With the Flow Maxi Dress in Rusted Orange ($112)
- That’s a Wrap Maxi Dress ($96) – This dress is always sold out. It’s geometric print makes it the perfect fall dress! We went with a size medium and typically wear a size 6 in women’s sizing.
- Happy Feelings Maxi Dress in Cream ($88 – on sale for $72) – Also comes in a super cute floral print that I’m obsessed with!
- Bandanna Sandals in Leopard ($44)
Silk & Salt Pros
- Ethically made – Each garment is ethically made by employees hired and paid fairly by the company.
- Timeless designs – Their designs are classic and timeless. You can wear their pieces over and over again. Their silhouettes also come in multiple colors and prints so you can wear them in any season.
- High-quality pieces – The fabrics and stitching on each piece are made very well! You can definitely see the quality of each piece when worn. I would compare Silk & Salt’s quality to Anthropologie or J Crew.
- Very affordable price points – They offer very fair prices for their high-quality pieces. I was over the moon to know that the Cancun dress was only $88. I would easily pay over $100 for this dress.
- Easy to care for – Each garment comes with its own care instructions. I was able to throw many of the pieces in the washer and hang dry.
- Runs true to size (TTS). All their pieces run true to size (with the exception of the Go With the Flow dresses and Bali Jumpsuit which are one size styles). There is no need to size up or down. We recommend using their size guide to find your perfect fit. I found that their one size styles fit like a medium US. I am a size 6 US for reference.
- Very fast shipping – I received my order in 2 days!
- Easy returns process – If you’re not satisfied with your Silk & Salt purchase, you can easily return or complete an exchange through their returns portal within 30 days. Return shipping is also FREE!
Silk & Salt Cons
- Low stock – Because the products are made ethically, their stock may be low. So if you see something you like, we recommend buying it ASAP so that it’s not sold out.
- Static prone silk – When I first put on the Go with the Flow dress, I noticed it clung to my body in various spots. Luckily there is a super easy fix. I used dryer sheets and rubbed them on the inside and outside of the dress to remove any static cling. It was back to its intended flow in no time!
- Not great for taller ladies! I am 5’5″ for reference. My friend has Silk & Salt dresses and is 5’11” and complains that many of the dresses are midi length on her.
- You’ll need a steamer. We have a handheld steamer that gets the wrinkles out of your Silk & Salt dresses.
Should I Buy Silk & Salt
I highly recommend Silk & Salt. I loved ALL their dresses and tops. The quality and style were equally amazing and I found the dresses to be very affordable. I look forward to trying more of their collection.
Their bottoms tend to run small, so I would suggest sizing up two sizes.
Where to Buy Silk & Salt
Alternatively, you can use this link to save $20 off your first order of $100 or more.
If you found our Silk & Salt review helpful, please share it on Pinterest. Thanks for your support!
Sign-up for our monthly newsletter for updates and more. We promise we won't spam you! Feel free to unsubscribe anytime.
If you're a brand and want to submit a product for us to review, please use this form to get in touch.