Updated: 10/17/2023 | Sezane Review
Disclaimer: We received products from Sézane to include in our review. As always, all thoughts are opinions are ours and 100% honest.
Sézane is a fashion brand for women and men. They create sustainable apparel, accessories, and footwear that you will want to wear forever. Their aesthetic is Parisian vintage chic.
The French fashion label was created by Morgane Sézalory in 2013 and eventually grew into a global brand with physical stores. The brand’s name is a portmanteau (combination of two words) of her first and last name.
Morgane’s fashion business started when she found a suitcase full of vintage clothing left behind by her sister and took a chance on selling them on eBay and then eventually her website Les Composantes (meaning the Components).
Sézane is known for its quality and craftsmanship, and many of its products are made in Europe using high-quality and natural materials.
In our Sezane clothing review, we will give you an in-depth look at the brand, including its products, price points, policies, and more in order to help you decide if the brand is worth buying.
I’ve always been interested in Sézane but I could never justify the price point of $100+ for a button-up blouse. Luckily, Sézane opened up a retail store in Seattle, Washington, and invited me to their grand opening.
They also gave me credit to purchase a new outfit! I browsed through the site and found some cute items that I knew I’d wear over and over again.
I chose the following products from Sezane to review in this post:
- Tomboy Shirt ($115) – This shirt first true to size. I love the material. It’s super lightweight and breathable.
- Brut Sexy Denim ($125) – These pants run REALLY small. It’s a true size 29 without stretch. I recommend sizing up 2-3 sizes in their pants.
I also received three free gifts which included two cotton tote bags (valued at $15 each) and a canvas zip pouch. These would be perfect for running errands or traveling.
Below we’ll go over the pros and cons of shopping with Sézane.
- Fits True to Size (TTS) – Most Sézane items fit true to size. Depending on the materials used, some items may have an oversized fit. We recommend going with your true size. If you are between sizes, we recommend sizing up.
- Sustainably Made – Their products are made with materials that are at least 80% sustainable and recycled materials. The company offers a range of sustainable and ethical initiatives, such as using eco-friendly materials and partnering with charitable organizations. Read more about their sustainable efforts here.
- B Corp certified – A designation that the business is meeting high standards of verified performance, accountability, and transparency on factors from employee benefits and charitable giving to supply chain practices and input materials.
- Free gift with purchase. Sézane offers a free gift with purchase. You’ll either see a free gift notification pop up on their site or by using a code that typically comes via e-mail. Make sure to sign-up for their newsletter so that you can get a notification for new products drops and free gifts with purchase.
- Transparent Supply Chain – Many of their products are produced in and shipped from Europe. They have no qualms about divulging their manufacturing practices because they want to be as transparent as possible to their customers.
- Free Shipping on all orders over $200 in the US and $250 in Hong Kong.
- Free returns on all orders within 15 days of receipt.
- Easy to Care For – Many of their pieces are super easy to care for. Read their care hacks guide to learn how to keep your pieces in tip top shape. You’ll be surprised at how many things we’ve been doing wrong after you read their guide.
- Wishlist Feature – This feature allows you to save your favorite Sézane pieces and purchase them later.
- App Available
- Expensive – Pieces will run you anywhere between $68 to $350 apiece. Most Items are priced at around $110-$160.
- Not Size-Inclusive – Their sizing ranges from 34 to 46 for their ready-to-wear collection and XS to XL for their knitwear. They do not offer plus sizing options.
- Shipping takes a long time. Products ship from France. My order took 8 days to ship and I received the products within 10 days.
Sezane Size Guide
Sézane is a mid-range fashion brand that offers a range of products at various price points. Their prices can vary depending on the product category, material, and design complexity. In general, Sézane’s prices are higher than fast fashion brands but lower than high-end luxury brands.
A basic t-shirt from Sézane may cost around $50-$60, while a dress may range from $150-$300 depending on the style and materials used. Leather products, such as shoes and bags, are typically priced higher and can cost upwards of $200.
Where to Buy Sézane
You can shop Sézane’s latest collection on their website.
You can also visit their physical stores in major cities such as Paris, New York, Los Angeles, and Seattle. See their complete list of retail stores.
Select Nordstrom stores also carry Sezane products.
Brands Similar to Sézane
- Ann Taylor
- Banana Republic
- Farm Rio
- Lait Collection
- Maeve from Anthropologie
Shop This Post
If you found our Sezane review helpful, please share it with someone who loves sustainable fashion. Thanks for your support!
Sign up for our monthly newsletter for updates and more. We promise we won't spam you! Feel free to unsubscribe anytime. If you're a brand and want to work with us, please visit this page to get in touch.
Sign up for our monthly newsletter for updates and more. We promise we won't spam you! Feel free to unsubscribe anytime.
If you're a brand and want to work with us, please visit this page to get in touch.