Updated: 10/15/2022 | PrAna Review
Disclaimer: We received product from PrAna to review in this post. As always, all thoughts and opinions are mine and 100% honest.
PrAna is an activewear brand for men and women. They offer apparel, accessories, and fitness equipment with a focus on sustainability and living an active life.
PrAna clothing was started by Beaver and Pam Theodosakis in 1992, in California. They sewed the first PrAna clothing pieces themselves and mailed them out. As avid rock climbers and yoga practitioners, they strived to create attire that worked with their lifestyle.
The word prana comes from Sanskrit and means breath, the life-giving force. PrAna is the energy that flows through us and connects us with other living beings.
The brand is part of the Columbia Sportswear Company, which also owns Sorel, Mountain Hardwear, and Columbia Sportswear.
We received the following items from PrAna to review in this post:
- Alpine Air Hooded Jacket ($250) – I received this jacket in the bright Lichen yellow color. It’s super lightweight (weighs only 12 ounces), packable, insulated with synthetic fill, water resistant, and made with recycled fabrics. It packs into the size of a hot dog bun in the right hand pocket. I can’t recommend this jacket enough.
- Shiroma Jacket ($370) – I received this puffer jacket in the color Camel and it goes with pretty much everything. It is also super bright and stands out. It comes with a detachable faux fur hood trim and it’s super warm. It’s light yet warm enough in cold destinations. It also comes in a longer length.
- Soma Denim Jean ($139) – These cigarette skinny-style jeans are amazing! The fabric is super stretchy and it hugs in all the right places. I went with a size 8 and it fits perfectly. I am 5’5″ for reference and the pants bunch just a bit but won’t be visible when worn with boots. I will definitely be getting these jeans in different colors. These jeans only come in Regular length while their more popular Kayla style comes in Short, Regular, and Tall.
- Sustainably Made – Many of their garments are made with recycled or biodegradable fibers. Their manufacturing partners are also vetted and ensured to meet sustainable manufacturing standards and are Fair Trade Certified.
- Runs true to size (TTS) – PrAna apparel runs true to size, so we recommend going with their size chart to find the perfect fit. If you’re in between sizes, we recommend sizing up.
- Size inclusive – PrAna offers certain styles in plus sizes ranging from 00 to 22W.
- Plastic Free Packaging – PrAna started reducing their package waste in 2010 and has since gotten much more conscious their carbon footprint when it comes to fulfillment. Read more about their efforts to reduce plastic and paper usage from their shipments here.
- Renewed Apparel Program – Their Renewed Apparel Program prevents apparel from entering landfills by working with The Renewal Workshop to repair or recycle garments and fabrics.
- Offers a very generous instructor discount. As part of their Pro Program, you’ll receive a discount of 50% off their gear. Apply online here.
- Machine Washable Outerwear – The outerwear is machine washable and can be tumble dried on low heat. You’ll need to remove the faux fur and air dry.
- Free shipping on all orders. No minimum is required!
- Expensive – Their apparel has a higher price point but is aligned with their mission to be more sustainable and ethical.
- The variety of styles offered are limited, but their apparel is high quality and made to be worn for years and as staples in your wardrobe.
Should I Buy PrAna?
We highly recommend shopping at PrAna. They are a brand that is ethical, sustainable, and offers a great variety of active apparel.
Their price point is high, but it’s definitely worth investing in.
Where to Buy PrAna
You can also shop for PrAna products from the following retailers:
If you found our PrAna review helpful, please share it on Pinterest. Thanks for your support!
Sign-up for our monthly newsletter for updates and more. We promise we won't spam you! Feel free to unsubscribe anytime.
If you're a brand and want to submit a product for us to review, please use this form to get in touch.