Updated: 4/15/2020 | Onzie High Rise Graphic Legging Review
Onzie was created by a Bikram yogi. Onzie blends the best of traditional yoga wear with modern innovation and boho-esque vibes. In keeping with the principle of being inclusive, rather than exclusive, Onzie is affordably-priced and suitable for all activities and practices. Onzie products are made with love in southern California, USA! All parts of our process including knitting, dyeing, cutting, sewing, photography, marketing, distribution, and design all happen in the company’s facilities in Los Angeles, Calif.
Utilizing Free-Flow Fabric Technology that is durable and breathable, this fast-drying material keeps bodies cool, dry and comfortable. Onzie yoga gear is perfect for hot yoga, but can also be used for pilates, spinning, swimming, surfing, running or hooping. Our clothes can be worn as everyday wear or into chlorine and saltwater environments. You can transition in and out of yoga postures as seamlessly as you can the rest of your day. From straps to bottom, Onzie helps keep your body in check. You’ll feel supported from the inside and out…shaping the entire body.
Onzie Review: High Rise Graphic Legging in Power Ombre
I last reviewed Onzie in 2013, so now is definitely time for an updated post!
Fast forward to 2018 (5 years later!), I chose their High Rise Graphic legging to review because of the awesome pattern on the side of the pant and that in the past 4 years, Onzie recently incorporated high waist leggings and I haven’t tried one-single-pair – until now. I also don’t have any burgundy/maroon colored leggings and these were on sale. I’ve heard that their fabric and cuts have changed but I wanted to test it out for myself.
#1 Size: I reviewed a S/M (Small/Medium) after checking out their size chart (below). I am a size 6 in Lululemon. Onzie offers in between sizing due to the stretchy nature of their fabric. The initial fit was tight, but after 2 wears, the fabric began to give and it fit my form perfectly. I have also tried a size M/L and would recommend that size for a person who is sized 8 and above. I would compare it to a Lululemon size 8-10. If you’re between Lululemon size 6-8, go with a S/M.
Onzie Women’s Size Chart
#2 Style: Onzie makes shorts, capris, leggings, lounge pants, bras, tops, and headbands.
#3 Inseam: Inseam for my long length S/M leggings are 28.5″, making it great for taller ladies.
#4 Rise: Onzie makes both standard (below or navel) and high rise (at or above navel) leggings. The high rise leggings fit 1″ above my navel.
#5 Waistband: Onzie makes tall and high waistband leggings. In this review, I reviewed the high waistband leggings. The high waist waistband measure 5″ tall and is constructed to be more compressive than their medium rise waistbands. The waistband is sewn together at the sides and at the inner top of the waistband. The additional stitching in the waistband allows the leggings to have a stay-put fit.
- Fabric Content: Onzie uses a Free Flow Spandex blend (82% polyester, 18% spandex) that stretches to fit your unique body shape and fits like a second skin.
- Fabric Feel: The newer Onzie fabric is thick and compressive. I would probably wear the High Rise Graphic Legging more often than my thinner Onzie leggings due to the added support from the thickness of the fabric. The fabric is very similar to Running Bare, an awesome Australian activewear brand. Check out my review of their Fight Club tight here.
- Fabric Performance:
- When combined with sweat and water, the fabric develops traction (this is good for when you come to crow/bakasana in your practice). It’s great for hot and sweaty yoga practices. The fabric can be slippery when dry.
- The newer Onzie fabric is much more compressive than their previous iterations because it’s thicker. I prefer the thinner fabric to the new one.
- The fabric has quick drying and dry wicking properties.
- The fabric does stretch over time to accommodate for their in-between sizing.
- The leggings are not fully opaque. I did experience some sheerness in forward folds and when worn over the ankle.
- Alternatively, I do have a black high waisted pair of Onzie leggings that are fully opaque. Opacity differs between print and style.
- Their prints are usually white backed and combined with the in-between sizing, there will, unfortunately, be some stretching to white.
- Other Features:
- There are no pockets.
- There is a fabric logo at the leg opening of the pant (see below).
- A small label with sizing and care details are sewn in the back inner waistband of the pants.
#7 When to Wear: Onzie is great for hot, heated yoga and water activities. The added sweat traction factor allows them to perform their best in sweaty situations. I also love their mesh leggings for a night out on the town or for some added breathability during practice and wear. The fabric is compressive and thick and the prints are beautiful, making Onzie perfect for outdoor events and music festivals.
#8 Cost: Leggings range from $65 and up to $76 (for high rise leggings with additional features).
#9 Gusset: Onzie bottoms come with a triangle shaped, double-layered gusset. The gusset is lined with a black mesh lining and constructed into the pant with overlocked/plain seams. The gusset is very well made compared to their previous releases.
#10 Stitch Seam: Plain seams are used throughout the leggings. It does create a slight bump near the seams but it’s not noticeable unless you’re really looking. For some people this may cause chafing, however, for me it did not.
#11 UPF Protection: Not disclosed, however, UPF protection is present. Their clothing is intended for aquatic sports as well.
#12 Made in Los Angeles, USA!
Should I buy Onzie?
Definitely get Onzie! Onzie is relatively inexpensive and the quality is great for high impact and sweaty activities. They are constantly offering new designs and silhouettes each season. I love that they’re dry wicking and really durable. The new fabric is much thicker and more compressive. I would wear these leggings more in the colder seasons and save my thin Onzie’s for Summer activities and outings.
The only gripe I have about these leggings is how they stretch to white in certain areas. This could be resolved by sizing up in the brand. This is possible in their high waist leggings since the construction of the waistband is very tight so that the legs stay put during practice.
We hope that you enjoyed our Onzie High Rise Graphic Legging review. Scroll down to see a list of recommended retailers where you can buy Onzie.
Where to Buy Onzie?
There are SO MANY Onzie vendors. Shop around for the best deals. Onzie makes tons of prints, so some vendors may have a certain print while others do not.
- Bandier – Use this link for a Bandier coupon code for 20% off your first order.
- Carbon38 – Use code SHMGY25 for 15% off your first two orders.
- Nordstrom and Nordstrom Rack (find deeply discounted Onzie at the Rack)
- The Sweat Store – Get 15% off with code ALEXANDRA15.
- Yoga Outlet
Sign-up for our monthly newsletter for updates and more. We promise we won't spam you! Feel free to unsubscribe anytime.
If you're a brand and want to submit a product for us to review, please use this form to get in touch.