Before we get into the Koral review, let’s get to know the company and why they exist.
Ilana Kugel and Peter Koral teamed up to bring versatility, sophistication, and figure-flattering activewear to the world. Ilana combines her native Brazilian flair with L.A. style. Growing up on the spirited beaches and diverse streets of Rio de Janeiro, Ilana was inspired by her surroundings, from the sensual, organic shapes of the lush land to the sleek lines of Rio’s modern architecture.
Kugel quickly took to the California lifestyle, embracing a healthy, active way of life that undoubtedly fueled her passion for activewear. With roots in swimwear design and construction, her expertise in elevating the female silhouette gives her a distinct edge in designing sexy, fashion forward activewear that effortlessly transitions from workout to night out and everything in between.
Koral’s high-performance and breathable active fashion styles are engineered with the best fabric and technique in mind. High-end moisture-wicking fabrics cut into fashion forward designs empower active individuals to live, look and feel on top of their game. Koral aims to deviate from the predictable, creating unstoppable fashion for unstoppable lives.
Koral Review: Mystic Capri Leggings
#1 Size: My first pair of Koral’s were secondhand purchased on eBay. I tried a small and couldn’t get it past my thighs. I am a size 6 for reference. I then decided to buy their Mystic Capri’s from Carbon38 in a size Medium. It was a perfect fit! I would recommend sizing up in this brand. In the photo it looks like I have muffin tops but I had just eaten and was feeling bloated. It truly looks amazing when I’m “normal.”
Koral size chart for reference:
#2 Style: I am reviewing their capri leggings, but I also have their long leggings in lustrous gunmetal grey and army green. Both are equally comfortable and flattering.
#3 Inseam: 22″ inseam on the capri
#4 Rise: The rise is high and sits just below the navel.
#5 Waistband: The Mystic capri’s have a tall waistband measuring 3″.
- Koral has three trademarked signature fabric blends, each made for a specific purpose.
- Eternal combines shape retention, the smooth silhouette qualities of LYCRA® Beauty and the wet dye color-stay advantage printing process. Together these technologies create shapewear that compresses, supports, smooths, and retains shape and brilliant colors.
- Evanesce is Koral’s 4-way stretch compression fabric developed to help improve mobility, increase oxygen delivery to active muscles, reduce lactic acid build-up, and deter muscle fatigue. Evanesce integrates Moisture Movement technology to wick perspiration off the skin and out to the exterior of the fabric, ensuring comfort in hot or strenuous workouts.
- Infinity is recognizable by a brilliant opaque shine. With LYCRA® Xtra Life, LYCRA® Sport and LYCRA® beauty, Infinity offers flattering support and ultimate comfort.
- All of Koral’s fabrics are guaranteed to be anti-pilling. I did experience slight pilling with my Mystic capris but it’s significantly less than the pilling I experience with my lululemon Align bottoms.
- Koral fabrics are chlorine resistant. Feel free to take your garment to the water! The fabric will not deteriorate or lose shape that can happen in chlorine water.
- Koral leggings have compressive technology to improve mobility, increase oxygen delivery to muscles, reduce lactic acid buildup, and prevent muscle fatigue.
- Color absolute fabrics ensure that garments will retain their brilliant colors for years to come.
- Koral products are 100% opaque (not see through)!
- Fabrics are moisture wicking. The Moisture Movement System allows quick dry wicking, making it great for sweaty workouts and use in the water.
- Odor control antimicrobial technology inhibits odor causing bacteria and fungus. Your clothing will always feel fresh!
- All fabrics are wrinkle free and designed to retain their shape despite how many times they are washed and worn.
- No camel toe!
- Koral fabrics are super soft and contour to the body, making it look slimming!
#7 When to Wear: Koral is great for casual wear, high and low impact exercises. They’re fabrics are compressive and breathable making it appropriate for many activities.
#8 Cost: Mystic Capris are affordable at only $89! Prices are comparable to lululemon with longer leggings starting at $98 all the way up to $150.
#9 Gusset: Koral bottoms are constructed with a double layer triangle gusset.
#10 Stitch Seam: Koral bottoms are made with flat fell seams, preventing chafing and a contoured fit.
#11 UPF Protection: Koral offers 50+ UV Protection in their fabrics. Their advanced fiber technology and weave structure offers UV protection while you exercise outdoors.
#12 Made in the USA!
#13 Care Instructions: Koral’s garments are machine washable and dryable, requiring little to no specific care. They do advise that you follow the care label in the interior of the garments.
Should I Buy Koral?
Heck yes! I love my Mystic leggings and wear them ALL THE TIME. I cannot stress how amazing my Koral crop leggings perform, look and feel.
The static grey color matches almost everything I own. I especially love wearing Lorna Jane‘s navy Always Yoga Tank. It’s a perfect match!
We hope this Koral review was helpful. Scroll down to see where you can buy Koral activewear.
Where to Buy Koral?
- Koral – Get 15% off when you sign-up for their newsletter.
- Carbon38 – Use code SHMGY25 for 15% off your first two orders!
- Simply Workout – Use code SCHIMIGGY for 20% off your orders. Includes sale items!
- Yoga Outlet
- eBay – Buy Koral at deeply discounted deals through this auction based market.
Thursday 5th of December 2019
The stuff that I exactly ordered arrived today. I just want to say big thanks for the products which I received from Koral. Also, I got 15% off on my orders due to the usage of coupons from MyCoupons. Really I had a Great Shopping experience with this.