So you have a fun event coming up and don’t know how to dress for it.
I feel you!
Men often tend to ignore their clothing style. Worse, most of them are clueless about what to wear to casual events like birthday parties and friend reunions.
But whatever the occasion, there are some essential items for men’s casual attire that will make your day-to-day look more appealing while also giving off an air of confidence and professionalism.
The following list includes 5 essential items for any man’s wardrobe.
Take a look.
#1 A Solid Blazer
A blazer goes with nearly any casual outfit and is sure to look well put together. You can wear it for any casual event like a friend’s reunion party or a birthday party. Furthermore, it makes a powerful impression during presentations or when meeting clients.
Here are a few style tips to keep in mind when rocking a solid blazer:
- Wear it with jeans, chinos, or trousers to create a classic look.
- Roll up the sleeves on your blazer for a more casual feel.
- Embellish your blazer with patches, buttons or pins to give it personality and help you stand out.
- Wear a patterned or printed blazer with solid pants to add visual interest to your outfit.
#2 A Leather Jacket
These are a great way to make a bold fashion statement. They go perfectly with jeans and look good dressed up with slacks or a dress shirt and tie.
When you shop for a long leather jacket, here are some important style tips to consider:
- Make sure the cut fits your body type before committing to a purchase.
- Darker colors are an excellent way to make a more profound statement, but lighter colors can be just as stylish.
- Stick to one large pocket on the outside of your jacket for a clean and streamlined look.
- Please do not wear your leather jacket with casual attire with zippers all over it. They will only clash.
#3 Solid T-Shirts
With their extensive selection of colors and styles, T-shirts are versatile and can be worn with practically anything. They are also easy to care for and take up very little room in the laundry hamper.
If you’re new to T-shirt shopping, you might need a little help.
Check out these tips on what to look for when buying solid t-shirts:
- Always buy 100% cotton for the most comfort and breathability.
- Don’t be afraid to mix patterns if they aren’t too busy.
- Avoid purchasing something designed to be fitted, as it will only shrink in the wash and end up being unwearable.
- Take your time, and think about how you want to wear them before deciding on a cut.
For the most versatility, chinos are a good choice for casual attire. Make sure to get a pair that fits well and is made from breathable fabric, such as cotton or linen. It will keep you feeling relaxed and comfortable, even on the warmest summer days.
Here are a few style tips for wearing chinos:
- Match them with a polo shirt to create a casual yet put-together outfit.
- Match your chinos with a sweater or a button-up shirt for a more preppy look.
- Layer T-shirts underneath your chinos if they don’t already come with a built-in pocket.
#5 Cargo Shorts
These are worth having in your casual attire collection, especially when you’re planning to be outside all day long. They provide plenty of room for storage and are comfortable enough for hanging out on the beach or sitting through theater performances.
Here are a few tips for wearing cargo shorts:
- Match them with a plain t-shirt and boat shoes for a refined island look.
- Layer your cargo shorts with chinos or T-shirts for a more dressed-up look.
- Accessorize them with ties, hats, vests, or belt buckles for a more formal look.
The above list of essential items for men’s casual attire will help you stay stylish and comfortable, no matter what your day may bring.
Have some questions? Ask us in the comments!
Sign-up for our monthly newsletter for updates and more. We promise we won't spam you! Feel free to unsubscribe anytime.
If you're a brand and want to submit a product for us to review, please use this form to get in touch.