Updated: 7/1/2022 | Mackage Review
Mackage was launched by Montreal Canadians Eran Elfassy and Elisa Dahan in 1999. The brand has since become one of the most prestigious contemporary outerwear brands worldwide. Mackage changed the outerwear game. Eran and Elisa elevated outerwear by creating a unique balance between fashion and function.
Since the brand’s inception, innovation and an unwavering commitment to quality have been the cornerstones of Mackage. Each collection is creatively designed with intricate detailing and tailored cuts in leather, down and wool. Mackage launched their first outerwear collection for women in 1999 which later expanded to include men’s in 2008 and a mini collection in 2012. Mackage introduced their first handbag collection in 2013, furthering their evolution into a full lifestyle brand.
Mackage is exclusively distributed to the most renowned retailers and is sold in over thirty countries on three continents, with flagship stores in New York City, Montreal and Toronto.
Many celebrities are fans of Mackage but most notably, Meghan Markle who launched the brand to fame. She often wears her favorite jackets, causing them to sell out. A few of her favorites are the MAI Coat, the Baya Moto, and the Elodie Coat. The Duchess is known for her great fashion picks.
I have a few Mackage jackets in my outerwear collection.
After buying my first Mackage jacket, the Baya Moto jacket, I quickly became a loyal fan! Their construction is hands down the best I’ve ever worn. Mackage has slowly replaced all my other jackets, including the ones from lululemon.
Below are Mackage jackets that I currently own and will probably keep for a very long time:
- Baya Moto Jacket in Red ($850)
- Sybil Coat in Sand ($990)
- Calina Belted Puffer Maxi Coat in Black ($950)
- Mackage Raincoat (I forgot the style name but I got it from Nordstrom)
- Lifetime warranty – This is a huge selling point for me. At such a high price point, I am glad these jackets come with a quality promise. Mackage’s lifetime warranty is against material and workmanship defects (this excludes footwear). This warranty only applies to products purchased from Mackage authorized retailers. There is no coverage under this warranty if labels are removed from inside the product. It may take 2-8 weeks after the product is received for it to be sent back to you. Exclusions from this coverage are: 1) Damage caused by improper care or anything other than defects in material or workmanship and 2) Wear and tear
- High-quality construction. I cannot begin to describe how well made these jackets are. I’ve never experienced a single flaw or disappointment with any of their outerwear.
- Mackage jackets are made of real fur. Some of the furs Mackage uses are Asiatic Raccoon and Rabbit. Additionally, Duck Down feathers are included in their insulated jackets.
- Sleek urban designs. Their designs are perfect for urbanites. My jackets go with every outfit and are super versatile.
- Classic styles. My jacket styles are timeless. I wear them year after year and always receive compliments.
- Mackage jackets are manufactured in eastern Europe, China, and Canada which means their product range has grown. Each item is then tested for durability in its laboratory in Canada.
- Over 200 stylish coats, jackets, and parkas for men and women.
- Select winter coats keep you warm in freezing temperatures down to -20°C.
- Certain products can be paid for in installments.
- Very expensive. Expect to pay a pretty penny for your Mackage apparel. Their pieces range anywhere from $30 for face masks to $3,000 for their most expensive jackets. I paid on average around $700 for the pieces in my collection. While Mackage is considered higher-end, it’s not as expensive as Moncler or other designer brands like Chanel, Gucci or Saint Laurent.
- Limited stock. Their outerwear, if popular, will run out quickly. I had to wait two seasons for my Sybil and Calina coats to restock!
How does Mackage Sizing Run?
Mackage tends to run smaller than other brands. I sized up to a medium in Mackage. I typically wear a 6 in lululemon tops and 8 in sports bras for reference.
I opted for a size MEDIUM per their size chart. I am glad I size up in their outerwear because you can easily layer sweaters and more underneath.
Alternatively, you can order true to size if you want a more slimming fit.
Fabric + Materials
Mackage constructs their jackets from all types of materials. Their fabrics are high-quality, so you’ll stay warm while looking fashionable.
How to Care For Your Mackage Outerwear
We advise DRY CLEANING only by a leather specialist using oil based solvent only. Never ever try to clean in a washer and dryer at home. That’s a sure way to ruin your Mackage coats and jackets.
Make sure to not use perchloroethylene (or tetrachloroethylene, PCE, or PERC). This chemical has been linked to cancer and neurological damage.
We typically dry clean our coats once a year just before the Fall season. When storing your jacket, we recommend using a garment bag. And if you buy your Mackage from Nordstrom, definitely ask for a garment bag.
Should I Buy Mackage
Heck yes! I love all my Mackage jackets. They’re definitely worth the hefty investment.
Their styles are timeless and constructed very well and all their products come with a lifetime guarantee against manufacturer defects. Know that you are investing in something that will last you years and never go out of style.
Our Mackage review just re-convinced me how much I love their outerwear.
Where to Buy Mackage
You can also buy Mackage from any of the trusted retailers below.
- Nordstrom Rack – They typically have styles made specifically for Rack stores only. You may be able to find some mainline Mackage products in their designer racks in-store.
- Saks Fifth Avenue
If you enjoyed our Mackage review, please share it on Pinterest. Thank you!
Sign-up for our monthly newsletter for updates and more. We promise we won't spam you! Feel free to unsubscribe anytime.
If you're a brand and want to submit a product for us to review, please use this form to get in touch.