Updated: 3/6/2023 | Kodiak Leather Review
Disclaimer: We received products from Kodiak Leather to review in this post. As always, all thoughts and opinions are our own and 100% honest.
About Kodiak Leather
Kodiak Leather is a leather goods brand based in Fork, Utah. They are family owned and operated and have been offering beautifully crafted handbags and leather goods since 2014.
They make an assortment of leather accessories for men and women that includes handbags, backpacks, duffels, totes, messenger bags, wallets, belts, and small accessories. They also offer their own leather care line.
Jared Morse is the owner and creator of Kodiak Leather and you can see his skill and dedication to the craft through his leatherwork.
Kodiak Leather Review
I received the Huslia Backpack ($229) from Kodiak Leather to review in this post. The backpack came in a cardboard box with very minimal and sustainable packaging.
The backpack has a 20L capacity and holds enough for a weekend trip. The backpack was designed for both travel and commuting.
It’s a gorgeous bag that immediately caught everyone’s attention.
Kodiak Leather Pros
- Affordable – Compared to competitor prices, Kodiak is very affordable. This type of bag typically costs around $340 but can be purchased at Kodiak for only $229. That is 32% off the average competitor price.
- High-Quality Materials – Their products are very well made. The leather is very durable, withstands rain, and gets better with time and use.
- Comes in different colors and patterns.
- Padded Laptop Compartment – There is a padded pocket that is large enough for a 15″ laptop.
- Lots of inner and outer pockets and sleeves. There is plenty of storage for your essentials in the backpack. Our favorite is the hidden pocket in the back of the backpack that you can use to keep important documents such as a passport.
- Straps are size inclusive. The adjustable shoulder straps are very long and have enough length for plus-size and tall persons. The model in this post is 5’6″ and the straps were very long but can be tucked.
- Comes with a Luggage Strap – We are obsessed with luggage straps! They allow you to attach your backpack to any luggage handle.
- Full Wrap-Around Zipper Compartment – The wrap-around zipper allows you to easily access everything in your backpack. It’s also great for airport security checks.
- Easy to Care For – We recommend treating your Kodiak Leather goods with Leather Protectant Cream. Use a towel to apply the cream throughout your bag to protect it from rain and adverse weather. Apply the cream. every 6-8 months.
- Each bag is unique! No two bags are alike. Each bag has its own details that make it uniquely yours.
- Discounts on Imperfect Merchandise – Through their deals section, you can find great deals on their leather goods for a fraction of the cost.
- Free shipping on all purchases. Enjoy free shipping on all your purchases at Kodiak Leather.
- Generous 60-day Return Policy – New and unused items can be returned within 60 days. Items can be returned from 60 up to 90 days for store credit. See their full return policy here.
Kodiak Leather Cons
- Very long straps. The straps on the Huslia backpack were very long. We were able to tie them up and into the backpack.
- The customer is responsible for return shipping costs. Costs can be high depending on the product weight and where you will be shipping the item from.
Should I Shop at Kodiak Leather?
We highly recommend shopping at Kodiak Leather. Their products are well-made, very functional, durable, and affordable.
If you looking for leather accessories, you’ll be very satisfied with Kodiak.
If you’re new to Kodiak, we recommend checking out the following styles:
Where to Buy Kodiak Leather
You can shop for Kodiak products through their website.
If you found our Kodiak Leather review helpful, please share it. Thanks for your support!
Sign-up for our monthly newsletter for updates and more. We promise we won't spam you! Feel free to unsubscribe anytime.
If you're a brand and want to submit a product for us to review, please use this form to get in touch.