Updated: 2/11/2023 | HOKA Review
Disclaimer: I was gifted Hoka shoes to review in this post. As always, all thoughts and opinions are mine and 100% honest.
Hoka One, more commonly known as HOKA, is an athletic shoe brand for men and women. HOKA originated in Annecy, France and has been producing shoes since 2009.
They are known for their max-cushioned soles that are combined with athletic performance. Their shoes are made for running, walking, hiking, and more.
The company was founded by former Salomon employees Nicolas Mermoud and Jean-Luc Diard. They sought to design a shoe that allowed them to run downhill faster and created a model with an oversized outsole that had more cushion than other running shoes at the time.
Hoka is a phrase from Māori language which loosely translates to “fly over the earth”.
The company was purchased on April 1, 2013 by Deckers Brands, the parent company for UGG, Teva and other popular footwear brands.
We received the Mach 5 running shoes to review. We received the shoes in a pretty PR box with a Zappos water bottle as part of their Fly Human Fly campaign.
Below I’ll go over the pros and cons of the Mach 5 sneakers.
- Runs True to Size (TTS) – I am typically a street size 7 and wear 7.5 in sneakers with cushioned socks. The shoes run true to size. We recommend using their size chart to find your best fit. I typically wear a size 7.5 in lululemon and Nike shoes too.
- Comes in multiple colorways.
- Sustainably Made – Many of HOKA’s products are made partly with recycled materials. Their packaging is made of 98.13% recycled materials. Read their sustainability statistics here.
- Inclusive Workplace – Their workforce is diverse with initiatives to hire from minority and disadvantaged groups.
- Easy to Care For – We simply wash our HOKA sneakers by throwing them in the washer with others washable shoes and air drying them.
- 30-Day Guarantee – HOKA offers a trial period for your shoes. Test them out for 30 days and return them if you need a different style or size.
- Free Shipping and Returns – Use their free shipping and returns to find your perfect fit and style. See their returns process page for more details.
- 1-year Warranty – HOKA offers a 1-year warranty from manufacturer defects. View their warranty policy.
- Expensive – HOKA shoes will run you anywhere between $100-$225. They are spendy but totally worth it.
- Beware of Counterfeits – You need to beware of counterfeit HOKA shoes on the market. Only buy directly from HOKA or from one of their reputable retailers such as Zappos. Learn how to spot HOKA counterfeit shoes.
Should I Buy HOKA Shoes?
Yes, we highly recommend buying a pair of HOKA shoes. Their shoes are very comfortable and lightweight, which is great for working out in and traveling.
You can shop Hoka directly on their website.
If you found our Hoka review helpful, please share it on Pinterest. Thanks for your support!
Sign-up for our monthly newsletter for updates and more. We promise we won't spam you! Feel free to unsubscribe anytime.
If you're a brand and want to submit a product for us to review, please use this form to get in touch.